Saturday 3 September 2011

A (long awaited) finish

I made the top for this quilt about 14 years ago and only recently got around to taking it to my quilting place to get finished.  I got the call that it was done and so I went and got it yesterday after the quilt show.  I love love love how it turned out.  I really love the simplicity of the irish chain pattern and the gorgeous quilting in the cream blocks.
I may have had a slightly unfortunate mishap when trying to remove a couple of decade old fabric marker lines using a little bleach solution (it seeped through to the back and now I have three very small light spots on the reverse of it.....ooooops..... : S.  Still, in 50 years time, who's going to notice as I'm sure it'll collect other spots and marks in the future.
Thanks to quilt-model Murray - nice pose!

After a soak in the tub and drying overnight, I have to say that I'm really happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment