Friday 4 March 2011

Dear Jane

I started working on a Dear Jane about four or five months ago.  I thought it would be a fun way to use up a lot of the scraps I have left over from other projects that are too small to use in 'something big', but that I am much too attached to to merely throw out. I'm using quilter's muslin as my background and a variety of fabrics for the top - some with stories, some not.


The yellow in the star block and the green in the circle block are fabrics I used in a 'farm' quilt I made when I was about 15.  So nice to be able to put the leftovers to good use.


The pink is also from the 'farm' quilt, and the yellow in the star is leftover from a quilt I made for my brother and sister-in-law as a wedding present.


This block took me ages to finish - so fiddly.

I also signed up to a DJ mailing list and it's been really great to see what other people are doing with their    'Jane Journey'.  Being a part of the 2011 Secret Pal is also proving to be fun!

Two sites I really find useful for DJ are:
http://www.dearjane.com/
http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment