Friday 4 March 2011

Amsterdam

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on here last.  Since my last post I've spent a few weeks in Europe and made a tour of some of the fabric stores I came across : )

I arrived in Frankfurt in the middle of the snow storms in mid December, and headed straight for Amsterdam.  Well, I tried to anyway.  After two cancelled trains, endless delays, a side trip through Belgium, another train, a bus, yet another train - that broke down, and finally a taxi crash, I arrived.  A trip that should have taken about 5 hours ended up taking more than 13...

Anyway, it was well worth it.  Now, I know that when most people in my age-bracket think of Amsterdam they generally think of pastimes which may be restricted in their homelands due to local laws.  Not me.  When I think of Amsterdam, I think of dutch chintz and Den Haan & Wagenmakers!
The store in the central part of the city is lovely and has a nice range of fabric on offer.  Naturally a purchase or two was made.  The ladies who run the store are very helpful.
There's also a website: http://www.dutchquilts.net/
and an online store: http://www.dutchquilts.net/shop/home.php?sl=US





 

No comments:

Post a Comment