Monday 2 April 2012

Nearly Insane and other projects...

So I'm into/onto the last few blocks of my Nearly Insane.  After much deliberation, I've finally chosen a suitable fabric for the cornerstones and will start assembling the quilt top later this afternoon!  Wow!  Including a six month hiatus where I didn't look at it at all, it will have taken me about 18 months to finish. I still have the zig-zag border to make, but that won't take very long.

Here's my new temporary sewing nook:


And some cute fabric I picked up this morning on a thread run (I wish I'd kept track of how much thread I've used in my NI.  I'm thinking I'm into my third kilometer...).  I'm planning to use this in a cot quilt of some description for my soon to be nephew/niece - I'm tipping that it will be a niece : ).  I really need to get a move on as far as the designing & sewing of the cot quilt goes, seeing as we're into the last nine or so weeks, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment