Tuesday 10 April 2012

NI - the assembly (Part 1)

Easter weekend, the perfect time to work on assembling the top of my NI.  I set myself up quite nicely in the sewing room at the parentals' and sewed away, and slowly, but surely, the top is starting to emerge.


All set up and ready to sew a strip of blocks : )


A selection of the leftovers.  Not quite sure what I'll make with them yet.

  
The 'refurbished' block 18 - I knew that if I didn't fix up the wonky centre, it would bug me forever!


Trying to decide whether to re-make this one or not.  When I put it next to other blocks, it looks sort of washed out.  When I put it like this, with sashing and cornerstones around it, it looks ok..... still not sure what I'll do about it (if anything).

  
                                                           Yummy!

              
Thanks to quilt-model Dad here.  The central part of the top is almost half assembled : )

No comments:

Post a Comment